Please read NEW PARADE RULES before REGISTERING BELOW.
· Staging will be in the area: 1st & Kansas to 4th & Kansas, starting at 10am. No one will be allowed in the staging area prior to 10am. Parade entrants entering the staging area prior to 10am may be ticketed for obstructing traffic by the Topeka Police Department (TPD).
· There will be no parking in the staging area for non-parade entries, so all entrants who will be gathering their groups need to plan accordingly. NO RIDING ON FLOATS OUTSIDE THE PARADE AREA, per instructions of TPD. We recommend you drop off riders at staging area and then park your vehicle. GROUPS: Form before you come to the staging area so you can be assured to stay together.
· The parade will begin at high noon. We are asking for a voluntary contribution to LifeHouse Child Advocacy Center of $5 per float (please bring cash the day of parade). Help us support this great organization!
· Any message, sign or image promoting any political candidate or position, social issue or agenda or inappropriate content is prohibited and will be removed by parade staff and/or TPD. Please use themes that are in keeping with the spirit ‘O’ the day. Green is the preferred color!
· Float Rules: No wider than 8 feet, no taller than 13’6”. Please be courteous by restricting noise levels that interfere with other entrants or public safety via generators and music.
· Float Rider Rules: No riders on floats-trailers-truck beds outside of staging area/parade route (before or after parade). No items thrown or distributed by riders or drivers on floats (walkers must distribute). We encourage you pace the distribution so you have adequate amounts to fairly cover the entire parade route. No movement onto or off of moving vehicles or floats by passengers or walkers; all transfers must take place while vehicle is stopped. Any unsafe activity that threatens the welfare of parade participants or spectators may result in removal of parade entry by parade staff and/or TPD.
· All vehicles must comply with all applicable laws and be operated by licensed drivers. Do not decorate in a manner that impedes the vision of the driver. Adjustments will be required or entry pulled from parade. The Parade Committee and TPD reserve the right to refuse participation to any entrant that does not comply with these rules.
· REGISTRATION (NEW INFO) is now being gathered in one central location for “open entry” downtown parades to help provide better communication with entrants, parade hosts and Shawnee County Emergency Management (SCEM). This allows us to inform you of upcoming parades and forward updates as changes arise. The information you provide, especially your driver’s license, is not shared with outside entities except for the purpose of assisting in case of a Mass Casualty Emergency. The information is NOT processed under scrutiny by law enforcement. It allows us to have a database of contacts in case of emergency and also assists SCEM perform practice drills in case they are ever faced with a mass casualty situation, affording them additional grant funding through FEMA. We appreciate your cooperation. If you are uncomfortable providing the complete information or unsure who a driver will be, you can have your license scanned in the staging entry by SCEM prior to entering the parade route. No one driving a vehicle will be allowed in the parade route without registering either on this site or with the SCEM in staging.
THE PARADE ROUTE will begin at 4th & Kansas; proceed south to 12th & Kansas, looping west to 12th& Jackson; proceeding north to 6th & Jackson (the final dispersment area).
For more information, contact the St. Pat’s Parade Master, Dan Riley at firstname.lastname@example.org.